This article explains how to manually add StartPage by Ixquick as your default search engine in the Sea Monkey browser (v. 2.46 and higher) for Windows and OS X.
The instructions below show how to add Ixquick to SeaMonkey through the Add-On store. For a faster way to add Ixquick to your SeaMonkey browser, please click here.
- Find the Preferences menu in SeaMonkey, and select Browser > Internet Search.
- Clik the Manage Search Engines button.
- Click the Get more search engines... link.
- In the Search for add-ons search box at the top right of the page, enter Ixquick and click the green arrow next to it, or hit enter.
- Select the Ixquick HTTPS Privacy Search Engine and click the green + Add to SeaMonkey button.
- Check the Make this the current search engine box, and click Add.
- You can now enter your search term directly in the URL bar and hit Enter to perform your StartPage by Ixquick search.
- To add Ixquick.info as your default search engine, please follow the instructions given in this link.
- You can also use a custom setting for your Ixquick default search. For more information about this, please click here.
- If you cannot find the above options in your SeaMonkey browser, please make sure that your SeaMonkey version is up to date.