To add StartPage by Ixquick as a default search engine in the latest version of Chromium (v. 57+) for Windows and OS X, please perform the following steps:
- Navigate to https://ixquick.com in your Chromium browser.
- Right click on the Search bar/URL bar, and select Edit Search Engines... in the popup.
- Under "Other search engines", hover over the the Ixquick link, and click Make default. (Please see the notes below if Ixquick doesn't automatically appear under "Other search engines".)
- Ixquick will now appear under "Default search settings". Click Done to return to the Ixquick homepage.
- You can now perform an Ixquick search directly from the Chromium URL bar whatever website you are on.
- If the Ixquick entry doesn't automatically appear under "Other search engines" in step 3, please do the following: Click the Add button to add a new default search engine.
- Enter the following information, and press Enter/Return when you're finished.
- Search engine: Ixquick
- Keyword: ix (or any other desired keyword)
- URL with %s in place of query: https://www.ixquick.com/do/dsearch?query=%s
- Hover over the Ixquick entry, and click Make default.
- You will now see the Ixquick.com entry uner "Default search Settings. Click Done.
- Continue with step 5 above.
- To add Ixquick.info, as your default search engine, please navigate to https://ixquick.info in step 1.
- If you cannot find the above options in your Chromium browser, please make sure that your Chrome version is up to date.
- To make Ixquick your homepage or startup page in Chromium, please follow the directions given here.
- To add Ixquick to your mobile device (Android or iOS), you can follow the instructions given here.