In Chromium, you can decide to make StartPage by Ixquick either your Startup page, or your Homepage (or both). If you want the Ixquick website to automatically show every time you open your Chromium browser, you will have to make Ixquick your Startup page. If you wish to visit Ixquick through the "Home" icon, you would have to make Ixquick your homepage. Below you will find instructions for both options.
1. If you want Ixquick to be your Startup page, and automatically show every time you open your Chromium browser, please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to https://ixquick.com and click the three vertical dots at the top right to open the Chromium menu.
- Select Settings.
- Locate the On Startup section, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Click the Use current pages button. The Ixquick URL will automatically be added in the "Add a new page" box.
- Click OK.
- Close the Settings tab to return to your last visited website. You will now see Ixquick as your homepage everytime you open your Chromium browser.
2. If you make StartPage your Homepage, you can simply visit it by clicking the Home icon in the top left of your Chromium browser. To do this, please perform the following steps:
- Click the three vertical dots at the top right to open the Chromium menu.
- Select Settings.
- Locate the "Appearance" section, and make sure Show Home button is enabled.
- Click the Change link.
- Selcect the "Open this page:" option and and enter the following URL: https://ixquick.com
- Click the OK button.
- Close the Settings tab to return your last visited website.You can now simply go to Ixquick by clicking the Home icon to the left of the URL bar.
- You can also enter a Settings URL, instead of the regular startpage.com URL. For more information about the Settings URL, click here.
- To add Ixquick.info as your startup page or homepage, please navigate to this URL in step 1: https://ixquick.info
- If you cannot find the above options in your Chromium browser, please make sure that your Chromium version is up to date.
- To learn how to make Ixquick your default search engine in Chomium, please visit this link.